RPGAIO Forums
Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Printable Version

+- RPGAIO Forums (http://rpgaio.logicspawn.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Announcements and Updates (http://rpgaio.logicspawn.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://rpgaio.logicspawn.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - logicspawn - 10-01-2018

Hi everyone,

I understand a lot of people are upset about the progress on RPGAIO 2.0, and I completely understand. I still believe RPGAIO currently is a powerful toolkit, but I know that even better things were promised in 2.0 so I can understand how people are frustrated. Unfortunately, things are just out of my control regarding this update. I'll be more transparent in this post about where issues are arising and what to expect in the future. RPGAIO 2.0 will likely be split into smaller updates until I can release everything promised.

Initially, RPGAIO 2.0 was developed as my own RPG toolkit for developing games and I decided to share what I believe is a powerful tool for others to use at a reasonable price. What took 1000's of hours of development time is available for $50, and unfortunately, the time spent on updates is not being reflected in sales at the moment. We recently had a week-long sale and I had hoped that it would provide enough revenue to allow me to focus on RPGAIO and have it done by the end of September, however, this was not the case. Recently I just have not been able to make RPGAIO my primary source of income and so time has been needed to focus on other projects and pursue alternative income streams. Earlier on in the project, I ran a Patreon page hoping that current users could provide some stability to the revenue earned from RPGAIO, but this, unfortunately, fell through.

What I want to make clear however is this, RPGAIO is still my project and something I will continue to use when the time is right to develop my RPG game(s) so I will not stop working on it - so just to clarify, I am not cancelling, deprecating, or abandoning this project - but the update is delayed and will not be split into smaller update - but unfortunately the timeframe for 2.0's release is just unpredictable.

As mentioned above, I am considering making some changes to the planned update and releasing all the planned features in smaller chunks. I will also be looking into modularising some aspects of the toolkit as separate assets to improve the revenue stream I receive from the Asset Store which will allow me to focus on it more. Ideally, I want to have RPGAIO and other assets as my primary source of income, then I will be able to focus on those assets as opposed to having to work multiple projects to stay afloat.

No one is more disappointed than myself, I have big plans for RPGAIO but as it stands, I don't have the time to meet expected deadlines.

Again, apologies for the disappointment this announcement is likely to bring, but I will continue to work on it and have it out as soon as I can.

I ask that you kindly keep any responses reasonable, and take into account what I have posted above.

Kind Regards,
LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions)

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Heimkind - 10-01-2018

First time I heard about your patreon

I would like to link it here: LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions) Patreon

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - magique - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 07:03 PM)Heimkind Wrote: First time I heard about your patreon

I would like to link it here: LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions) Patreon

Yeah, me too. Thanks for the link. I didn't know it existed either.

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Sarhansoft - 10-01-2018

I do not think such a system could be your primary income. Not everyone will develop rpg games, but on the other hand, I think the features you will add will enable anyone to develop any game even outside the rpg (like most of Ubisoft games, big world with skills with shooter with whatever), which will increase sales. Well maybe you have a marketing problem and that's why you do not enjoy continuous sales !!

I suggest that your personal game be your main source of income, as well as the donations that buyers make after making their profits. For me, I will donate from my first game that will release soon because I want to see this update I will need it for my next or third game.

finally, I hope you share with us your problem, don't keep it inside your. This is better than to promise us something that you can not..

good luck

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - williamian - 10-01-2018

As I stated previously, for me, take your time, get it done right.

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - H445 - 10-01-2018

Logicspawn,

I just recently purchased this asset for 2.0 as you had mentioned that the absolute deadline (for the multiple time) was end of September. I figured this time around, since you announced the date and there had already been missed expectations, and have not communicated to us at all, this was still on track. 

Moving ahead, I must urge that communication is key, you are not getting as many sales because of your one star reviews, which is detrimental to any project, especially on the asset store. And most of these have the same thing in common / Lack of communication, both to the community and to your individual users that have reached out for support on your product. 

I will be requesting a refund at this point since it is VERY bad, shady business practice to promise and hold an update over peoples heads, supposedly to be released directly after a sale and cancel releasing the update with no notice. Trying to bribe new customers with a false pretense and expectations of a new update. 

I purchased with the expectations you had set with your promise of 2.0 being released by now and the features it would hold. RPG-AIO is great, but missing most of the features I need to implement into my project. 2.0 seemed to fit these needs and has put me at a hard stop because I am unaware of all the core changes being made and what I need to extend on or not. At this rate I will be able to develop my own framework before we even hear the next update from you. 

I understand the development cycle, and understand how hard it can be to make deadlines but in the end, we have all purchased your product, and this is how we are able to support you. All of your loyal customers deserve to hear truthfully what is happening going forward, not left in the dark until a deadline you obviously knew you were not going to meet comes to pass. 

I may think about re-purchasing 2.0 once or if it ever arrives, even at a higher price, but as of right now, this has put my project in a bad place. Communication and business practice will have to improve. If this message gets deleted like all the others, where your customers are just expressing their concerns and not getting a response from you, Ill leave my review. 

I am honestly concerned, and not just ranting.

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Methuselas - 10-02-2018

(10-01-2018, 09:26 PM)H445 Wrote: Logicspawn,

I just recently purchased this asset for 2.0 as you had mentioned that the absolute deadline (for the multiple time) was end of September. I figured this time around, since you announced the date and there had already been missed expectations, and have not communicated to us at all, this was still on track. 

Moving ahead, I must urge that communication is key, you are not getting as many sales because of your one star reviews, which is detrimental to any project, especially on the asset store. And most of these have the same thing in common / Lack of communication, both to the community and to your individual users that have reached out for support on your product. 

I will be requesting a refund at this point since it is VERY bad, shady business practice to promise and hold an update over peoples heads, supposedly to be released directly after a sale and cancel releasing the update with no notice. Trying to bribe new customers with a false pretense and expectations of a new update. 

I purchased with the expectations you had set with your promise of 2.0 being released by now and the features it would hold. RPG-AIO is great, but missing most of the features I need to implement into my project. 2.0 seemed to fit these needs and has put me at a hard stop because I am unaware of all the core changes being made and what I need to extend on or not. At this rate I will be able to develop my own framework before we even hear the next update from you. 

I understand the development cycle, and understand how hard it can be to make deadlines but in the end, we have all purchased your product, and this is how we are able to support you. All of your loyal customers deserve to hear truthfully what is happening going forward, not left in the dark until a deadline you obviously knew you were not going to meet comes to pass. 

I may think about re-purchasing 2.0 once or if it ever arrives, even at a higher price, but as of right now, this has put my project in a bad place. Communication and business practice will have to improve. If this message gets deleted like all the others, where your customers are just expressing their concerns and not getting a response from you, Ill leave my review. 

I am honestly concerned, and not just ranting.

^ THIS.

I purchased this back in April, under the impression it would be "two more weeks" and on your notification that you "may increase the price of the asset, so if you wanted to get it, now is the time." My project is now on indefinite hold, as I planned to build it around your asset. I stopped logging into the forums back in may/june, after I didn't receive responses to questions I asked about. Now it's October and you're telling us you don't know when it will be finished. This, unfortunately, will require my requesting a refund from you as well. I don't have time to wait on you for your asset and I've scrapped my project all together.

Use this as a lesson for the future. Don't end up like 3DRealms and tell your customers "when it's done." It's not good for your reputation.

Especially after you promise multiple release dates you don't fulfill.

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Gaming-Project - 10-02-2018

I dont know how long its since i buyed RPGAIO... I dont like the character controller and the way, the camera works but this kit is great, even without update 2.0. Ok, i'm really hoping for this update but my fear that this asset will end like ultimate survival is bigger. So please @logicspawn take your time.

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - ricon - 10-02-2018

How often have you removed topics / threads from your forum? you can not delete all the threads in your forum that you do not like, people have the right to read the communication, but no... if you don't like what people say, you just delete it instead of responding, this is called a discussion and that is what people do in forums.

Now, after so many months, you finally tell us the truth, why did you not do that right at the beginning? you must always be honest with your customers! now there are only a few people who believe in you and that is not good for business.

You say you do not have enough sales to work more on RPGAIO, this is due to a number of things that you should improve, such as:
1. Marketing (you don't have this obviously) people do not even know you have a patreon page, I did not know that either, I worked in the marketing for more then 20 years so you better trust me when I say that your marketing is not good
2. Communication, this very important (and perhaps most important) and that is just something you are very bad at, you make false promises (again and again) and when people point out to you remove the topic of your forum, you don't discus things, etc... Don't tell me you didn't have time for that because we all are busy but we always have 5 minutes to spare and so do you, you were often online in the forum but never answer any question for weeks/months... anyway...
3. a good stable website and forum in your place a Unity forum so you can not delete anything that you do not like, the forum you have is more offline then online!
4. a Good patreon page with nice deals not the deals you have now, or maybe something more attractive so that people like to pay.

BTW if you can not stand criticism, then you are in the wrong business... so delete it again if you want, but this time I will put it in your Unity forum so that other people can read it too.

I do not even use your asset anymore, but I do want people to be able to read the truth and that is exactly what you do not want! so I hope you don't delete it again and maybe you can learn something from it...

RE: Update on RPGAIO 2.0 - Heimkind - 10-02-2018

The following is an opinion

I believe he will deliver V2.