ANNOUNCEMENT: Show your interest in a RPGAIO Live Stream Q & A Event! Click Here!

Poll: What is the ideal start time for a Live Stream Q & A Event?
9AM - 12PM (GMT)
12PM - 3PM (GMT)
3PM - 6PM (GMT)
6PM - 9PM (GMT)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPGAIO Workshop - Live Stream Q & A Event
Hi all,

Over the past couple weeks there have been a lot of questions regarding RPGAIO and how, put simply, to get things to work! RPGAIO, in my opinion, is designed to be the simplest way to implement RPG mechanics, but at the same time, allow the freedom to create a unique game the way you want to - which means sometimes thing can be complex to understand when starting out.

What I have in mind is a Twitch.tv Workshop Event which I can run for a few hours and answer any questions you guys have. This will be helpful as I can show you live and in real-time, how to implement features such as quests, items, dynamic NPC dialog, events, cutscenes or anything you want! Maybe you just want to ask what I plan to add to RPGAIO next or suggest a cool idea, it will simply be an easy way to chat to me, the developer, first hand and get a response right away!

If there is interest in a workshop like this, please post below. If there is enough demand for this sort of thing I will begin setting it up and we can then discuss the time and date for the first one.

Let me know what you think, and I've also put a poll up regarding which start time you would prefer.

Kind Regards,
LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions)
Hi.
It's for sure a great idea, thank you for that !
Ps: is someone know if there a way to replay the live if we miss it on Twitch.tv ?
(02-28-2018, 03:33 PM)logicspawn Wrote: Hi all,

Over the past couple weeks there have been a lot of questions regarding RPGAIO and how, put simply, to get things to work! RPGAIO, in my opinion, is designed to be the simplest way to implement RPG mechanics, but at the same time, allow the freedom to create a unique game the way you want to - which means sometimes thing can be complex to understand when starting out.

What I have in mind is a Twitch.tv Workshop Event which I can run for a few hours and answer any questions you guys have. This will be helpful as I can show you live and in real-time, how to implement features such as quests, items, dynamic NPC dialog, events, cutscenes or anything you want! Maybe you just want to ask what I plan to add to RPGAIO next or suggest a cool idea, it will simply be an easy way to chat to me, the developer, first hand and get a response right away!

If there is interest in a workshop like this, please post below. If there is enough demand for this sort of thing I will begin setting it up and we can then discuss the time and date for the first one.

Let me know what you think, and I've also put a poll up regarding which start time you would prefer.

Kind Regards,
LogicSpawn (Dextero Solutions)
That is a very good idea and as Florent said, make sure you post or link the final video so those who cannot be there benefit.
I would also strongly suggest a Re-Write doc outlining step by step set up and basic implementation of each feature as it is easier to follow along with and far easier to keep updated and revise.
This is a great Idea, I am all for it.
Well Logic I am very interested in it.
Focus on getting 2.0 released and THEN do the Workshop. That way, you'll kill two birds with one stone. You'll be able to do the workshop AND cover all the additions in 2.0. If it's a time I can attend, I'll take notes and help you compile a new manual. I wrote the BTBuilder manual in it's entirety.
RPGAIO V2 from what I can see seems to be a leap forward for the users and potentially the asset product and the developer too so personally I see nothing to be gained by holding it back.

I can't see the point myself of updating Now, the Videos, Manual or of Twitch Broadcasts (at all - better ways to help users), all of which takes up the developers time and which will be potentially outdated shortly and have to be updated again themselves again when V2 is released.

As someone said "Kill two birds with one stone" (perhaps 3) and then update any supporting Videos Manual and so on as a matter of urgency.

But then again what do I know.
Any news for V2 ?
(05-10-2018, 06:30 PM)florent1789 Wrote: Any news for V2 ?

We'll have a big announcement sometime this week!