ANNOUNCEMENT: Show your interest in a RPGAIO Live Stream Q & A Event! Click Here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to determine the Weapon Type in the Combat node configurator?
Hi

I want to have different attack damage calculations for different types of weapons (Sword, Bow, Mace, etc) but I can't seem to get the 'Main Weapon Type Check' node to work.

The only node that looks like it can output a 'Weapon Type Definition' is the 'Get Node Chain Value' node but I can't get it to work.
It just says 'None Found'.

Has anyone got an example of this?
Weapon types don't seem to work right now. As you cant use the "Only usable with X weapon type" on skills either.
(10-03-2018, 01:17 AM)Wrofir Wrote: Weapon types don't seem to work right now. As you cant use the "Only usable with X weapon type" on skills either.

Thanks for your reply Wrofir

Do you know if there is a way to implement weapon damage bonuses in combat based on type?

I want to add a strength bonus to melee weapons and a dexterity bonus to ranged weapon attacks, which I think is a common RPG mechanic.
I do believe that is covered in the video guide. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...dzexKfiNXR
Perhaps Video #8
I'm not using that many rpg traits in mine, just elemental weaknessess/strengths, which work fine.